Kelowna Real Estate Forecast – what is in store for 2016
It is not always comfortable to stick your neck out and talk about a Kelowna Real Estate forecast in the current economic climate.
The level of economic uncertainty pervades society.
Whether it is a Federal Government running deficit budgets, a low Canadian dollar, an all but destroyed economy in Alberta or a housing bubble in Vancouver the ability to look forward to where the potential opportunities lie is important.
Clearly some of the macro level economic indicators are not good. A quick glance at what is happening at that 20,000′ level is enough to make any REALTOR® shay away from making an predictions or writing about a Kelowna Real Estate Forecast.
But, as we know, every grey cloud has a silver lining and I wanted to share with you my thoughts on those silver linings and what I feel may happen in 2016.
My thoughts on a Kelowna Real Estate Forecast
At the end of the day, pressure in neighbouring Alberta and a stressed and overpriced market in Vancouver can pay dividends to BC and in particular to Kelowna.
- In 2016 Canada as a whole was ranked as one of the best countries in the world to live
- Kelowna is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada
- Alberta in migration to Kelowna could potentially accelerate as people get closer to retirement years and run away from a damaged economy
- Low Canadian dollar is a bonus for Kelowna and could turn around the resort market this year as foreign buyers look to capitalise on a low exchange rate
- High prices in Vancouver are already driving families out of the lower mainland to communities like Merritt, Kelowna and Penticton
- The sun always shines in Kelowna in the summer
- The wine always tastes amazing
- The water is always clear and warm for a swim
If you need any more reasons, then you have not visited… call me to book a time for a consultation on how Kelowna could be the right town at the right time for your next move.
Sally Hollingsworth – 250 864 7548